Software Engineering Manager, Capital Underwriting
- San Francisco, CA
Square's expanding financing platform, Square Capital, has revolutionized the way businesses and consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals.
Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Capital offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, their funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, and repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Capital has extended more than $4.5 billion to over a hundred thousand sellers.
And we are just getting started. With Square Installments, we are empowering sellers to offer monthly installment plans, so that their customers can access goods and services they value, but cannot or do not want to pay for immediately. On Capital Partnerships, were continuing to grow Capital by expanding access to sellers outside of the Square platform.
As the Engineering Manager for the Underwriting Platform Team on Square Capital, you will build and empower the team that handles the services and infrastructure that power credit review and offer generation for all of our products. Partnering with Product, Data, and Analyst teams, you will operate on the critical path of all our products on Capital and beyond, and will have the chance to help improve the future of Square at large.
- Lead and empower a world-class team of engineers by hiring remarkable talent, coaching and developing your team, fostering engineering decision-making, and applying your technical expertise to maintain a high bar
- Help set broad vision, influence engineering and strategy, and establish practices to address customer needs
- Oversee the success of your team's projects and achieve quantifiable results on time
- Report into a Senior Manager on the team and participate in essential technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the organization
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical, working experience (8+ years preferred)
- 2+ years managing engineering teams
- Experience collaborating with product managers, data analysts, and other engineering and cross-functional leaders
- Excellent software engineering experience and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance
- Interest in working on a product platform-focused team building tools and services for internal and external customers