Fraud Detection Specialist
- St. Louis, MO, USA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Squares Risk and Fraud team is seeking a highly motivated Fraud Detection Specialist to mitigate transactional fraud within the merchant commerce space. In this role, the ideal candidate would perform detailed analysis of high-risk purchases/transactions, via real-time queues to identify unauthorized transactions across different types of payments (card, ACH, and mobile payments). This position would analyze unrecognizable risk patterns and communicate with our clients in cases where additional information is required. All candidates must be flexible with their schedule; having the ability to work nontraditional shifts as well as some holidays.
- Monitor numerous real-time queues and review high-risk transactions from specified points-of-sale requiring demonstrated decision making skills
- Using departmental policies, determine if transactions are fraudulent or risky and should be canceled and refunded, or are legitimate and should be processed and fulfilled
- Maintain or exceed established service level agreements and guidelines for timely resolution of queued transactions to minimize potential revenue losses
- Contact and effectively communicate with customers and internal partners to ensure all SLAs are achieved with little or no supervision
- Effectively manage incoming communication via multiple channels (phone, email, and Customer Relationship Management systems) from both internal and external customers; resolve all issues within established service-level agreements
- Conduct analysis of transactional and customer records to link unidentified transactions and accounts to known fraudulent activity
- May Interact with other Risk teams on developing fraud prevention strategy and process
- Strong communication skills, self-motivation and results-oriented approach
- Demonstrated customer service, organizational, and analytical skills
- Enjoys working in fast-paced and rapidly changing start-up environment
- Flexibility to adapt and able to manage multiple assignments while working independently
- Strong internet research, Google Docs, and overall PC skills; SQL experience a plus
- Requires shift-work, including weekends, non-business hours and holidays
- Bachelor's degree required (B.A. or B.S) preferably in Criminology, Psychology, or a Quantitative Field
- Experience: 3+ years in a risk related role required which includes direct customer support
- Preferred Industry certifications: CFE, AAP
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.