Retail Demand Planner
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Retail Demand Planner will be responsible for developing unit demand plans for all of Square’s product lines in the
US and Canada. This individual will act as the focal point in development, communication, and execution of product
You possess a passion for innovative analysis, processes that scale, and the wherewithal to develop findings and
recommendations that transcend the numbers. Ideally, you have a demand planning background in consumer electronics
- Drive a formalized unit demand planning process and forecast on a weekly basis by retailer by product that are influenced by seasonality, go to market plans, the promotional calendar, and inputs from external retail partners
- Present performance to plan and changes to forecast on a weekly basis to the internal team and to executive leadership on a monthly basis
- Work cross-functionally with the US and Canada Retail Marketing Teams to develop strategies to maximize sales opportunities
- Review historical trends, evaluate forecast results, and provide actionable recommendations to business teams
- Partner and work closely with business systems team to help develop internal tools to make the demand planning function sustainable and scalable
- Build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of external business partners, making roughly quarterly visits to retailers
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions even in the face of ambiguous data points.
- Demonstrated capacity for thinking objectively and interpreting meaningful trends from quantitative and qualitative data.
- High level of comfort presenting in a variety of settings; small and large groups, informal and formal.
- Ability to respond to challenges, confidently field and ask thought provoking questions with cross functional business partners
- Proven track record of developing relationships with external stakeholders
- Ability to translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- A persistent attention to detail and a high level of comfort in working with numbers
- Minimum 3 years experience in demand planning or 5 years in a relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.