- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
As a Design Technologist, you’ll be an essential member of a diverse creative team specialized in creating digital experiences and marketing campaigns. You will report to the Head of Creative Studio and bring technology to the creative process, the front-end interactions you bring to life will create remarkable experiences for our sellers.
You are well versed in an appropriate mix of development and prototyping platforms and tools, and know how to select the best platform for the task. You create code that is flexible and can be iterated upon and pride yourself on being up-to-date with the latest best practices. Thriving on exploration and experimentation, you are at the heart of co-creating ideas and bringing them to life. Your skill-set complements your application of technology including but never limited to: a precise eye for intelligent UX, great design and good foundation in strategy.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.***
- Participate in concept development and design iteration
- Work on projects from ideation and design through implementation
- Take creative direction and expand on concept ideas for tactics, with solid and active contribution in creative reviews
- Take part in brainstorms, partnering with colleagues across departments including Strategy, Design, Digital Production and Copy
- Execute hands-on technical development of prototypes coming out of ideation
- Contribute to discussions about the digital aspects of creative campaigns
- Present ideas or prototypes to mixed client marketing / technical audiences
- Work creatively through and around perceived limitations or challenges imposed by the delivery platform to create delightful experiences for customers
- Evaluate and document any new creative or engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or 4 years of relevant work experience
- Backend development – Familiarity of Ruby, Java, or other backend languages
- Portfolio of work that displays design, high-fidelity animation, motion, iconography, typography, color, and imagery
- Understand web standards, browser performance and best practices
- Passion for digital marketing, advertising, and understanding metrics
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate
- Familiarity of modern design tools (Figma, Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D etc)
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources