- New York, NY
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We’re looking for a mid- to senior-level copywriter to join our team in our New York office.
It’s our job to make people excited about Square and help them understand how our products work—You will report to a Lead Designer and work on brand, data-driven performance marketing, and growth retention projects alike. You will concept and write everything from product launch campaigns and videos to email campaigns and enterprise marketing collateral.
You will enhance the creative work to meet the mission of the brand while delivering outstanding results. Everything you work on will be designed to build the Square brand, increase growth of Square products, and promote the Square business. You will work on an experienced, award-winning, full-service creative team. We cover a range of disciplines including copy, design, web, video, photography, production, and operations. You will partner closely with our insights, brand, product, and channel teams to create work. Finally, you will have worked in cross-functional organizations and excel in an innovative work environment.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.***
- Write email campaigns, web pages, guides, presentations, sales and events materials, search ads, overview videos, tutorial videos, integrated launch campaigns and whatever else gets thrown your way
- Create concepts that have the legs for larger marketing campaigns
- Help set creative strategy for campaigns
- Use customer and data insights to inspire creative concepts
- Collaborate with an accomplished group of designers, editors, producers, product managers, and marketers
- Collaborate across the Square organization to guarantee a consistent, integrated customer experience
- A Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years experience in a creative role
- Excellent grammar, writing, and editorial skills—you take your English very seriously and sweat the small stuff
- An ability to explain complicated products and processes in simple, human ways to both businesses and consumers
- An ability to work in a growing, fast-paced company and juggle several projects at once
- A positive attitude and a manageable ego with the ability to present and defend your work when you really believe in it
- An interest in working with data to create thoughtful work
- Creative adaptability —you can flex your writing and adjust your language and tone based on your audience
- An ability to build and differentiate brands, and push a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- Understand performance-based marketing strategies
- Interest in technology and the future evolution of content creation and distribution
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources