Human Resources Generalist
- St. Louis, MO
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Our HR Generalists support specific tasks, working closely with management and employees on people-related issues: talent management, employee relations, development, compensation, conflict management, organizational development and more.
We're looking for a HR Generalist to guide people and programs across Square. The ideal candidate is one who is interested in making a significant impact in one of the most valued and visible groups in the company and excels in a high engagement environment with an extraordinary desire to innovate. You will report to an HR Business Partner and work with business leaders to provide hands-on input, insight, and advice concerning employee relations, coaching, compensation, conflict management, organizational development and more. You're comfortable speaking up and driving plans forward despite any unexpected roadblocks.
- Partner with mid-level managers, along with senior leaders to develop HR practices to support the strategic growth of the business
- Offer expertise regarding organizational and people related strategy
- Provide information and education for all levels of the organization on HR issues
- Coach and partner with managers on performance management and employee development goals, including high-volume roles such as Customer Success
- Provide HR expertise in the areas of feedback, employee relations and development, compensation and organizational development
- Help develop HR programs, such as recruiting, retention, compensation, benefits, and Learning & Development
- Collaborate with HR team to champion and accelerate a culture in which people feel engaged and inspired to achieve top results
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction
- Support core HR processes (eg, performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions) in partnership with HR Business Partners
- Analyze various types of employee reports (eg, compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision-making and provide proactive solutions to client groups
- Partner with Learning & Development to work on value-added programs in areas of training, career mobility and job performance
- Educate team members on compensation practices including compensation, performance feedback, performance calibration and career transitions
- BA/BS degree in a related field, with a minimum 5 years of experience in a Human Resources generalist role
- Experience in a fast-growing environment with 300+ employees; you will have worked with high-volume, coverage-based roles, such as Customer Success/Support, Operations, and Compliance
- A history of partner alignment to build company culture and increase employee engagement
- A deep knowledge of HR practices, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources