- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We’re looking for an experienced, inquisitive, and passionate Art Director to join our award-winning Creative Studio team. You will collaborate with our product, marketing, and creative teams to craft smart marketing creative to guide both our brand and our business forward. We work across the latest platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, UX/UI, product development, visual design, prototyping, experiential installations, photography, video and animation.
This is a hands-on role. You will be at the heart of co-creating ideas and bringing them to life. You will report to the Head of Creative Studio and lead projects from concept through execution, QA, and continuous iteration.
You’re conceptual, can share and sell your ideas, and you know when to encourage others to share theirs. You excel in an environment that allows you to develop your skills fluidly, with peers that encourage you to experiment. You love to learn a little about everything.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
- Create flexible concepts that extend to support integrated marketing campaigns
- Help set creative strategy
- Design graphic concepts, assets, and visual treatments across marketing channels (physical installations, print ads, and web experiences – whatever each project requires to succeed)
- Use customer and data insights to inspire creative concepts
- Collaborate with an accomplished group of writers, editors, producers, product managers, and marketers
- Champion brand standards and design systems
- Collaborate across the Square organization to guarantee an integrated customer experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- A portfolio that shows experience launching complex integrated campaigns
- Experience pushing a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- An ability to build and differentiate brands
- Advanced design skills that cover multiple creative projects
- Typography skills
- Understand performance-based marketing strategies
- Familiarity with new and traditional brand channels and mediums
- Partner with teams of designers and other creatives
- Great understanding of the opportunities and limitations of the modern web
- A positive attitude with an open mindset
- Interest in technology and the future evolution of content creation and distribution
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources