Customer Success Advocate
- Dublin, Ireland
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy, so we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started in San Francisco in 2009 with a little white credit card reader and we now serve millions of businesses around the world. We came to the UK in 2017, our fifth global market, and provide hardware and software solutions that help sellers of all sizes start, run and grow their business. We’re empowering SMEs across the UK to take card payments wherever their customers are - in person, by invoice, over the phone or online. Our Square Reader and Square Stand help our sellers accept Chip & PIN and Contactless payments quickly, easily and affordably. Our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re shortening the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We started with a simple idea—that everyone should be able to accept credit and debit cards—and we’ve been rethinking buying and selling ever since. Square operates in 5 markets globally and this role is based in our Dublin office. You'll report to the Head of European Seller Operations.
Great customer support is provided by both people and products. You are dedicated to providing world-class customer service, and will be the voice of Square in a new market and region. You have experience using your proximity to customers to identify high-leverage improvements to the customer experience, working with a range of global teams to implement and iterate.
You are also motivated by the challenge of building our small, but strong and growing, operation here in these early days for Square in Dublin.
- Effectively solve customer enquiries by phone, email, Facebook, Twitter and chat
- Connect with merchants to discuss their needs and how Square products can help them start, run and grow their business
- Identify, document, and follow up with engineers on product bugs and features, taking ownership of customers’ issues when needed
- Analyse trends in customer issues and suggest improvements to processes, policies, and products
- Identify and draft improvements to online help content and internal documentation
- Collaborate with members of other teams to identify answers and be a resource to teammates
- A university bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification
- English fluency, both spoken and written
- Genuine curiosity about people, technology and business, while possessing the ability to inspire passion in others
- Coachable mindset, interested in implementing feedback, and dedicated to continuous personal improvement
- Comfort with ambiguity and resilient when facing rapid change
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- A desire to help people and improve the customer experience
- A passion for startups and for simplifying the buying and selling experience
- An ability to work weekends as part of a rotating schedule; working-hours flexibility
- An ability to work public holidays as needed
- Fluency in one or more additional languages besides English, both written and spoken
- At least two years working in a customer-centric, cross-functional role at a technology company
- Experience handling sales enquiries over the phone or email, or equivalent experience
- Sound knowledge of social media, including Twitter and Facebook
- Excel or SQL knowledge
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources