- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square is looking for a dynamic, creative, reliable individual to join the Executive Assistant organization, reporting to our top executives and supporting their teams. Our Executive Assistants are the glue that holds everything together - from calendaring and travel to reporting processes and team support, you will participate in confidential and strategic projects to support Square's goals and take us to the next level. We are looking for someone with a natural passion for learning, who enjoys taking on new tasks and projects, and who excels at being mindful of details in an energetic, fast-paced environment.
- Maintain sensitive and complex calendars, requiring coordination with both internal and external executives and assistants.
- Schedule domestic and international travel, with the impeccable attention to detail that complex travel booking requires.
- Ensure your executive is prepared for all meetings and events, and assist with preparation of presentation materials.
- Find new and efficient ways to create processes to help maximize your executive's time, including weekly reporting, goal setting, and team meetings.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, identifying gaps, and taking full responsibility for each project.
- Develop a deep understanding of the team and field requests and inquiries from members, making a point to be available and approachable to everyone.
- Demonstrate composure and flexibility
- 3+ years of experience as an EA or in a similar role, with experience building the trust and context necessary to succeed as an executive partner.
- Strong project management skills, used to build processes and programs to benefit your executives and teams.
- Experience collaborating with team members from different backgrounds and communication styles, and an appreciation for the challenges of supporting a diverse, growing global team.
- Resilience to change, demonstrated by a high level of efficiency, flexibility, and composure in the face of uncertainty and challenge.
- Deep empathy for your executives, teams, and peers at all levels.
- Desire to mentor and teach other EAs on executive communication, project management, and tools (Gsuite).
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources