Head of Business Recruiting
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Talent Acquisition is a strategic function that enables Squares growth, shapes our culture, and identifies the talent we need. As the Head of Business Recruiting, you will report to the Head of Talent and partner with essential leaders to build strategies that support all business recruiting at Square. We pride ourselves on crafting programs that align with individual teams needs, so creativity and flexibility are requirements for success. With that also comes autonomy and the freedom to experiment, which when measured, drives decisions that allow Square recruiting to continually improve.
This important role will manage a team of recruiters building high-performance teams as Square continues to grow globally.
- Drive overall success of team including managing prioritization, delegation, and overall accountability of team
- Mentor a team of high-performing recruiters to meet growing hiring targets
- Partner closely with Leadership and Hiring Managers to create comprehensive recruiting strategies
- Use data to evaluate and optimize current hiring processes
- Think creatively and bring an innovation framework to talent acquisition
- Partner with Finance and HR to develop long-term growth plans
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process for strategic/leadership roles
- 7+ years of recruiting experience, including at least 3 years of management experience
- A passion for people development and experience with coaching and motivating teams
- A data-driven approach to decision-making that leads to increased operational efficiency
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, sense of team, and a desire to learn
- A growth mindset and ability to think of creative solutions
- Systems experience (ATS, HRIS, etc.)
- A desire to improve the overall talent acquisition function
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources