Business Systems Lead, Cash App Operations
- Portland, OR
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
The Customer Operations Business Systems Lead will own identifying, prioritizing and executing on innovative technology solutions to solve the business challenges facing Cash App's rapidly expanding Customer Operations Team. This key role will serve as our subject matter expert in our operational tools ecosystem - understanding how they work, the user experience of those tools, the metrics they generate, how they are configured and administered, and the data flows between them. The Business Systems Lead will work across the full process of developing our new technology programs, from gathering and documenting business and technical scope to contributing on solution design, configuration, QA and analysis of the impact. The ideal candidate has strong collaboration skills, can connect the dots between business needs and technology solutions, and is passionate about process optimization and has a deep background in Salesforce and, as a bonus, other customer support operations platforms (WFM, Social Support, etc.). This role reports to the Head of Cash Customer Operations and partners closely with the Business Systems and Engineering teams.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in our operational workflows and tooling needs and match them to desired system features, behaviors, metrics and impacts
- Facilitate cross-functional project scoping meetings and support operations priorities with your ownership and project management of delivering on mission-critical platform changes
- Develop and maintain functional specification documents for key initiatives, ensuring execution to business requirements and synchronization with our change management process
- Work closely with the Business Systems development team to scope out and propose the optimal technology solutions
- Manage the Quality Assurance testing process for system changes and serve as the final approval mechanism for change readiness before updates to production systems
- Measure the productivity impacts and improvements and other metrics changes to our Customer Operations teams
- Propose process improvement through automation and redesign
- Minimum of 5+ years of business systems experience, including configuration and administration of Salesforce Service Cloud - other customer service platform tools experience also desirable
- Extensive experience documenting business and technical requirements and prioritizing impacts and managing through approved readiness and project execution
- A deep understanding of the customer support operations environment and workflow in a high-growth environment and at scale
- Led implementation teams and projects and served as a critical business system owner and POC, sitting between business owners, vendors and business systems teams
- A can-do attitude towards understanding and decrypting a complicated systems landscape
- Willingness to take on big challenges and own the results from brainstorming solutions to execution
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across functions including product, marketing, analytics, engineering
- Bachelor's degree required; major in a technical field strongly preferred
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and people-management experience is preferred
- Experience with Excel is critical; experience with SQL and Tableau is a plus
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.