Accounts Payable Analyst
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Square team is looking for an Accounts Payable Analyst to join our growing team!
- Manage monthly accounts payable journal entries, AP balance sheet reconciliations and Flux analysis.
- Create new metrics to provide business insights
- Create customized reporting to help improve the collation of Data
- Create and develop a new approach to review invoice coding
- Provide management monthly metric reports and analysis
- Prepare and maintain AP Aging Report
- Enter reclassification journal entries
- Help gather support for audits and PBCs
- Review and audit Sales and Use Tax and Canadian Tax treatment of invoices
- Process corporate credit card, which may include obtaining support and entry into our accounts payable module
- Process expense reports using Expensify, which may include receipts validation and expense policy compliance
- Analyze, import and post expenses Expensify to our accounts payable module
- Backup Support of other AP Functions, ad hoc analysis, and special projects and tasks as needed
- Report to the Accounts Payable Manager
- Intermediate to Advance level Excel skills
- Big ERP or Oracle R12 experience (2+ recent years in AP Sub-ledger)
- AP experience (3+ years), public and startup company experience
- Experience with Expensify or another travel and expense System
- Knowledge of GAAP (US and international preferred)
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls
- Passion for end-to-end procurement process and improvements
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
- An interest in technology / knowledge of the industry
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment where adaptability is imperative.
- Positive can do attitude and must be a team player
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources