Lead Art Director, Creative Studio
- San Francisco, CA
Square is looking for an experienced, inquisitive, and passionate Managing Art Director to join our award-winning creative team. You will lead a team of art directors and cross-discipline designers, and collaborate with our product, marketing, and creative groups to craft smart marketing that drives both our brand and our business forward.
This is a hands-on leadership role. You will be at the heart of co-creating on-strategy ideas and bringing them to life. You’ll be asked to connect dots, organize thoughts and develop plans to match teams’ expectations. This position requires team and project leadership from concept through execution, QA, and iteration. We work across the latest platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, visual design, experiential installations, photography, video, and animation.
You’re conceptual, can share and sell your ideas, and encourage others to share theirs. Experience in and passion for people management is a must.
- Collaborate with design and creative leadership to develop integrated marketing efforts, and establish team processes and standards as well
- Help set creative strategy
- Oversee and help design graphic concepts, assets, and visual treatments across mediums and marketing channels
- Use customer and data insights to inspire creative concepts
- Champion brand standards and design systems
- Motivate and encourage your team to ensure the work is the best it can be, maintaining a high level of creative execution while meeting the needs of our partners
- Collaborate across the Square organization to guarantee an integrated brand experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience, 3+ in leadership
- A portfolio that shows experience launching complex integrated campaigns
- Experience pushing a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- An ability to define and build brands
- Advanced design and skills that cover multiple creative projects
- Strong typography skills
- Understand performance-based marketing strategies
- Familiarity with new and traditional brand channels and mediums
- Ability to work independently, and partner with copywriters and teams of designers
- A positive attitude with an open mindset
- Interest in technology and the future evolution of content creation and distribution
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.