Senior Product Designer, Restaurants
- New York, NY, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
As a senior-level Product Designer at Square, you will be a core driver of design execution for our Restaurants team. The team focuses on improving the operations and experience of working in a restaurant through surfaces like our Restaurants Point of Sale app, managerial tools within the Square Dashboard, and many exciting future-forward projects. The work doesn’t stop with the software and the team strives to put themselves in the shoes of their customers to find inventive new ways to help them run their business.
- At least (8) years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for successfully creating
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple projects with clear metrics toward success
- Proactively form ideas and present them to your cross-functional team to determine strategy and roadmap
- Drive the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations to bring the team along
- You can take on complicated projects and seek the information you need to move forward
- You are seen as a mentor for other designers and proactively provide feedback and find ways to improve their work
- You can determine your point of view of what success means for a given initiative
- Participate in design discipline-wide conversations and create deliverables on how to improve process, operations, and tools
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.