Executive Assistant- Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Square is looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join the Executive Assistant organization, supporting our top executives and their teams. Our Executive Assistants are the strategic partners who hold everything together - from calendaring and travel, to reporting processes and team support, you will participate in confidential and high priority efforts to support Square's goals. The Square EA Team is a centralized organization, where EAs report into EA Managers. We are looking for an EA with management experience, who has a natural passion for learning and people development, enjoys taking on new tasks and projects, and who excels at being mindful of details in an energetic environment.
EA People Lead Responsibilities
- People Management Responsibilities
- Lead ~10 Executive Assistants with varying levels of experience
- Manage administrative responsibilities for directs, including time cards, time-off approval and balance, reporting processes approval, Workday management, team resource maintenance.
- Communicate job and performance expectations through consolidation, synthesis, and delivery of performance feedback during our performance review and promotion cycles
- Support directs’ effectiveness and successful development of their job responsibilities through dynamic coaching, mentorship, and advocacy, varying across the needs of each direct’s.
- Collaborate with other EA Leads and partners on team-wide matters, including annual and incremental budget planning processes, team-wide load balancing, identifying trends and recommending systemic improvements.
- Active participant in department-wide promotion and compensation calibration, recruiting outlook and hiring processes, and other team building programs.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to our Seller business lead, maintaining sensitive and complex calendars, requiring coordination with both internal and external executives, partners, and EAs
- Be the executive’s right hand by attending important meetings, being an active participant and knowledgeable resource, while ensuring executive preparation and effectiveness
- Manage projects simultaneously, identifying gaps and taking ownership of projects; assisting with compiling and preparing material and agendas for team meetings, such as all-hands presentations and events
- Develop a understanding of the team and field requests from internal and external contacts, making a point to be available and approachable
- Maintain relationships with cross-functional business partners to help support Seller programs and goals
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience as an Executive Assistant, or experience in a similar organizational function (Recruiting, HR, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years managing a team
- Experience supporting a variety of different executives and teams
- Experience handling multiple administrative and executive support tasks and projects, and communicating with all types of personalities and team members
- Appreciation for the challenges of supporting a growing team of diverse personalities and programs
- Value teamwork at all levels, while remaining proactive, resourceful, and efficient