Senior Art Director, Brand - Creative Studio
- San Francisco, CA
Square is seeking an experienced, inquisitive, and passionate Senior Art Director to join our award-winning creative team. You will lead a team of designers, and collaborate with our various product, marketing, and creative groups to craft smart marketing that drives both our brand and our business forward.
This is a hands-on leadership role. You will be at the heart of co-creating on-strategy ideas and bringing them to life. You’ll be asked to connect dots, organize thoughts and develop plans to match teams’ expectations. This position requires team and project leadership from concept through execution, QA, and iteration. We work across the latest emerging platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, visual design, experiential installations, photography, video, and animation.
You’re highly conceptual, can confidently share and sell your ideas, and are able to encourage others to share theirs. Experience in and passion for people management is a must.
- Collaborate with design and creative leadership to develop fully-integrated marketing efforts, and define team processes and standards as well
- Help set creative strategy when appropriate
- Oversee and participate in the design of graphic concepts, assets, and visual treatments across a wide variety of mediums and marketing channels
- Leverage customer and data insights to inspire creative concepts
- Champion brand standards and design systems
- Motivate and encourage your team to make sure the work is the best it can be, maintaining a high level of creative execution while meeting the needs of our stakeholders
- Collaborate across the Square organization to ensure a consistent, integrated brand experience
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Strong collaboration and written/verbal communication skills
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience launching complex integrated campaigns
- Ability to push a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- A demonstrated ability to define, build, and differentiate brands
- Advanced design skills that cover a wide range of creative executions
- Strong typography skills
- Understanding of performance-based marketing strategies and tactics
- Familiarity with new and traditional brand channels and mediums
- Ability to work independently, and/or partner with copywriters and teams of designers
- A positive attitude with an open mindset and desire to continually improve
- Interest in technology and the future evolution of content creation and distribution