Android Engineer, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 24 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system
As part of the Android engineering team for Cash, you’ll be at the forefront of developing new customer-facing features and enhancing our existing ones to scale. We’re developing industry-leading design systems and open source tools, all while adding exciting new functionality to our ecosystem. Currently, we’re focusing on the Cash Card (and Boost rewards), improved banking functionality, international expansion, extending our Bitcoin feature in exciting new directions, and making stock investing more accessible to all.
- Own end-to-end features of the app: networking, persistence, business logic, and UI
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Invent awesome Android tech and open source it
- Re-architect legacy code and prep it to scale for the future of the product and the team
- Collaborate closely with iOS and backend developers
- Have an outsized impact on the future of the Cash product
- A knack for creating readable, well-crafted, maintainable code
- An eye for design and/or an ear for the customer; engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, including multiplatform
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
- RxJava, SQLDelight, Retrofit, OkHttp, Wire, Moshi, Okio, Whorlwind, Picasso, KotlinPoet
- Protocol buffers
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.