Senior Software Engineer (Frontend), App Marketplace
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Commerce is changing, and as part of that Square is transforming from a product company to a platform company. If you join now, you will join a new dedicated team building our App Marketplace to help connect Sellers and Developers. Square's Developer Platform is in the epicenter of the massive wave of omnichannel retail combining in-store and online / in-app payments. You'll help create an "AWS of Commerce" as our developer platform exposes core primitives for other companies to build on top of. And you'll have a great experience with our motivated, friendly, and diverse team.
As a Software Engineer on the Developer Platform team, you will…
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and design teams across Square to ensure a consistent and clear developer experience.
- Design and develop the APIs and UI responsible for 3rd party developers experiences using our platform.
- Build experiences for developers of all skill levels and millions of Square Merchants.
- See the big picture to design robust experiences so the team can be brave and move fast, without ever showing a negative impact to customers.
- 5+ years of experience developing production software
- Form the dedicated team focused on building and growing our App Marketplace http://squareup.com/app-marketplace
- Have a desire to build Square's developer platform, where we succeed when our merchants and developers succeed
- Deeply enjoy writing and shipping production software
- Have experience in front-end codebases (Ember is a bonus, but not required)
- Have an opportunity to work full stack
- Can identify ways to quickly prototype complex ideas
- Whether you have heard of "Lean Startup", "Customer Development", "Human centered design" or not, you have a deep desire to focus on delighting our customers