Capital Servicing Tech Lead
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square's rapidly growing financing platform, Square Capital has revolutionized the way businesses and consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals.
Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Capital offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, their funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, and repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Capital has extended more than $5 billion to over a hundred thousand sellers.
And we are just getting started. With Square Installments, we are empowering sellers to offer monthly installment plans, so that their customers can access goods and services they value, but cannot or do not want to pay for immediately. On Capital Partnerships, we’re continuing to grow Capital by expanding access to sellers outside of the Square platform.
As the Technical Lead for the Servicing Platform Team on Square Capital, you will be responsible for leading and empowering the team that handles the distributed services that power loans for all of our credit products. You will be a key partner to product and other engineering leaders in setting the direction of future Capital products.
- Lead and empower a world-class team of engineers by mentoring individuals, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the quality of design decisions and implementation by holding the team to a high standard
- Help set broad direction and vision, influence engineering and business strategy, and establish practices to efficiently and effectively address customer needs
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across our various product, data science, operations, and engineering teams
- Own the success of your team's projects and deliver quantifiable results in a fast paced environment
- Excellent software engineering aptitude and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance
- Previous experience managing engineering teams (preferred)
- Relevant domain experience in accounting or similar fields is a plus
- Experience collaborating with product managers, data analysts, and other engineering and cross-functional leaders
- Interest in working on a platform team building tools, apis, and services for internal and external customers