Sr. Software Engineer (Frontend), Payroll
- San Francisco, CA
Much in the same way that Square revolutionized payments, we want to radically alter how employees get paid and businesses manage their finances. Our mission is to make running a business simple and personal by leveraging automation and a best in class user-experience. Our small, highly collaborative team has already built many foundational features and are now focused on innovating and experimenting beyond a traditional payroll product. We want to truly transform the lives of people that make their living through our platform. Were an integral and growing part of the Square ecosystem and are leveraging our position to build products and features that are beyond the capabilities of our competitors.
We are a small, focused, and rapidly growing team with an abundance of growth and impact opportunities. We are building the best full featured payroll solution for small businesses with an emphasis on design and automation. At the same time we are doing this in an efficient and scalable way, making smart choices about how to automate critical functions.
- Work with other engineers, designers, and product managers to design and build features from prototype to launch.
- Own the entirety of your features; including component design, implementation, automated testing, and roll-out.
- Provide technical guidance to an amazing group of engineers, and show us the best practices of developing in front-end.
- Build systems that collect and maintain customers sensitive data, while holding Square to the highest standards for security and compliance.
- Stay curious, ask questions when you need help, and have a voice in the future of our road-map
- Excellent software engineering aptitude and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with other functions, such as designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing, and business development to deliver a great product.
- Have experience working in large front-end codebases
- Familiarity with popular JS-app frameworks (Ember, React, Vue.js, Angular, etc.)
- Experience in testing your code (QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, Capybara, etc.)
- 4+ years professional experience.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Technologies we use:
- Ruby / Rails / MySQL / Redis