Senior iOS Engineer, Cash App
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Position open to remote: No
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple single purpose product to the world’s most dynamic money app.
Loved by customers, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years. We sometimes even steal the overall #1 spot from the likes of Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s financial system.
Headquartered in SF with offices in Kitchener Waterloo, Melbourne, New York, Sydney, Austin and Toronto. We’re growing rapidly and we would love for you to join us!
As part of the iOS engineering team for Cash, you’ll be at the forefront of developing new user-facing features and enhancing our existing ones to scale. We’re working on redesigning the app and developing industry-leading design systems while doing it. Currently, we’re focusing on the Cash Card (and Boost rewards), improved banking functionality, international expansion, in-app support, and extending our Bitcoin feature in new and exciting directions. Additionally, technology from Cash App now powers Square Payroll, Square Card, and payments to Caviar couriers.
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Work with a world-class team of experienced and passionate engineers and designers
- Learn to craft gorgeous, pixel-perfect UI and animations
- Deliver features to tens of millions of customers, shipping at a fast and exciting cadence
- Build new, exciting functionality into an app designed to provide real value to its customers
- A knack for creating readable, well-crafted, maintainable code
- An eye for design or an ear for the customer; engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
Technologies we use and teach:
- Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin (believe it! — we collaborate directly with our friends on Android)
- UIKit, CoreAnimation, SQLite, Accessibility
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
- Protocol buffers
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.