Full Stack Software Engineer, Square Capital
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square’s rapidly growing financing platform, Square Capital, has revolutionized the way businesses and consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals.
Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Capital offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, and repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Capital has extended more than $4.5 billion to over a hundred thousand sellers.
With Square Installments, we’re empowering sellers to offer monthly installment plans, so that their customers can access goods and services they value, but can not or do not want to pay in full up front. This makes goods and services more affordable for buyers, and helps small businesses grow with a tool that has been historically reserved for large companies. Our team strives to provide simple, elegant, and reliable financing experiences for small business owners and their customers.
As a full stack software engineer on Square Capital, you will be at the forefront of shaping our buyer and seller experiences. You will also be working closely with people across engineering, product, and design to build systems and experiences that are modern, clear, responsive and beautiful. If you love delivering beautiful software that improves the lives of millions of consumers and business owners, we want to work with you!
- Work closely with engineering, product, and design partners to design and build new cutting-edge financial services products
- Develop seamless web experiences that are clean, pragmatic, and forward-thinking.
- Define and develop clear and secure APIs that integrate multiple web/app clients with server.
- Build well-designed, reusable system patterns and components.
- Implement sophisticated credit underwriting models that integrate the best third-party sources with Square’s proprietary transaction data
- Build systems that collect and maintain customers’ sensitive data, while holding Square to the highest standards for security and compliance
- Design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave and move fast, without ever negatively impacting our customers
- Interest in working full-stack, from building frontend web applications to optimizing database transactions.
- Passion for building products that are beautiful outside and inside – from their user experience to their robust and elegant design.
- Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Software software engineering design patterns and best practices in modern production system.
- Full stack software engineering tools: testers, linters, package management, continuous integration.