Sr. Program Manager, IT and Business Systems
- San Francisco, CA
The Sr. Program Manager for Square’s IT Business Applications interacts with IT and business leaders to craft a PMO strategy that aligns with business objectives and priorities. He/she manages project and program management services across the enterprise and is responsible for developing a robust and flexible project and program methodology for use throughout the organization.
Manage a portfolio of project and program management services (project and program analysis, project and program execution, project and program delivery) for the enterprise focused on IT Business Applications
Collaborate with IT and Business leaders to develop and manage the IT PMO mandate
Ensure that investments and initiatives in project management services align with organizational strategy and priorities
Develop and manage project and program budget and cost, resource allocation, and reallocations
Prioritize programs and projects based on changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies
Establish and monitor IT PMO value metrics to make informed decisions that maximize returns across enterprise projects and programs
Engage with cross-functional business leaders to objectively analyze the organization’s ability to absorb change and adopt project and programs post-deployment
Enable rapid, predictable, transparent delivery of high-quality IT solutions/projects. Manage key complex, cross-functional IT programs & projects with regard to scope, schedule, resources and budget.
Act independently to determine effective methods and procedures.
Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants
Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
• Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
• Experience in leading application projects and programs on SaaS platforms such as Salesforce, Oracle Cloud (Financials, Supply Chain), Workday etc.
• Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites
• Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept the risks that are required to lead change
• Able to foster and build a collaborative working relationship with various stakeholders
• Competent in project management, governance formulation, and team management
• Working knowledge of risk management, standards, and policies formulation
• Expert in financial management and organizational change management
• Hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and budgeting
• 10+ years of project, program, or portfolio management experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Master’s degree preferred
• PMP/PMI certification preferred