Strategic Development, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Position open to remote: No
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year. With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne.
Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
The Strategic Development team is responsible for the ideation, strategy and execution of high impact initiatives for the Cash App platform and its >15M monthly active customers. This is a much more operationally focused role than most strategy jobs, where we take it from concept stage through the execution and launch of new products and businesses. A few examples of initiatives that we’ve developed by members of this team include Cash App’s Instant Deposit business, Cash Card, and Square’s $125M+ bitcoin trading business. Our team is essentially an internal startup that is incubating new businesses and digital products to drive the next wave of innovation for Cash, while capitalizing on Cash App’s significant distribution. This opportunity is comprised of roles that spans strategy, operations, deal-making, and business execution by leading and coordinating cross functional teams that include product, engineering, data science, design, finance, regulatory and legal. Our ideal candidate is comfortable with ambiguity, excited about learning about new domains, can put his/her ego aside, and thrives in a culture of principled risk taking.
- Entrepreneurial background with a track record of successfully driving the launch of new products, businesses or other strategic initiatives, with the ability to drive impact in a larger organization
- Experience in managing large complex projects involving multiple work streams and stakeholders
- Ability to quickly climb the learning curve in new subject areas across domains (e.g., legal and regulatory landscapes, technical evaluations, strategic evaluations)
- Comfortable with managing ambiguity as s/he assimilates learnings and diverse perspectives and translates it into a point of view
- Strong analytical, critical & creative thinking skills
- Strong business development and negotiation skills
- Skilled influencer with demonstrable success in delivering results in a cross-functional team setting
- Comfort with presenting a vision and representing Cash App with external stakeholders
- Executive-level presentation skills
- 10 + years of working experience
- Technical background is a plus
- Founder background is a plus