Senior Product Designer, Point of Sale
- San Francisco, CA
We are looking for senior-level Product Designer to drive design execution for our flagship product: Square Point of Sale. Point of Sale is the driving force behind Square and we are looking for a design presence to help set the course for a product which has impact throughout Squares entire ecosystem of features and services which empower small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them.
From the beginning, its been part of our core strategy that Product Design play a central role in our product development process: we employ design thinking to build easy-to-use tools that help our merchants better run their businesses. Designers at Square take projects from napkins sketches to final visual specifications, so in this role you'll conduct research, mocking up wireframes on new ideas, and presenting work and progress to Square executives.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the web, iPad, iPhone, and Android
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design for products and services
- Communicate interactions quickly at varying levels of resolution
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism
- Experience mentoring other designers on your team
- Experience conducting customer research ranging from insight protocols to usability tests
- Background developing interaction prototypes
- Experience with motion design and related software
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources