Senior Product Analyst, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, Toronto and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
We are looking for a Senior Product Analyst to join Square and help build Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked. We derive valuable insights from our extremely unique datasets and turn those into actions that improve the experience for our customers every day. You will be a part of the broader data science organization and collaborate frequently with data scientists, engineers, and other analysts. You will partner closely with one of our many product teams to measure the performance of new and existing product features, understand key growth drivers, and perform in depth analyses that help us understand our business. These product teams include our P2P, Banking, Cash Card, Marketing, Investing, BTC, Growth, and International teams.
- Perform complex data analysis using SQL on a daily basis
- Partner directly with a Cash App product team: working closely with product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, analysts, etc.
- Build, forecast, and report on metrics that drive strategy and facilitate decision making for key business initiatives
- Design and analyze A/B experiments to evaluate the impact of changes we make to the product
- Develop and maintain curated data sets using ETL and build/share data visualizations via dashboards
- Effectively communicate your work with team leads and cross-functional stakeholders on a regular basis
- 3+ years of analytics experience in industry
- A BS/BA in Math, Statistics, Economics, or a related technical field
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience with scripting and data analysis programming languages, such as Python and R
- Experience in a high-growth tech environment
- An appreciation for the connection between your work and the experience it delivers to customers
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for Cash App’s mission
Technologies we use and teach
- SQL (MySQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)
- Tableau, Airflow
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.