Software Engineer, Square Capital - Full Stack
- Denver, CO
As a Software Engineer on Square Capital, our growing financing platform, you will build better ways for businesses to access the funding they need. We extend offers to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, we deposit funds as soon as the next business day, and we handle repayment as a fixed percentage of credit card sales. Since we launched in 2014 we have extended more than $4.5 billion to over a hundred thousand sellers.
Are you interested in helping us grow in Denver, CO? As our first new hire here, you'll report to our Denver Engineering Lead. Initially you will work from home (or in co-working spaces at our expense), and you’ll partner with and visit supportive colleagues in San Francisco, New York and Atlanta. It’s important to note that this is not a remote role — as we grow in Denver we expect to find a permanent office for the team to work together on larger projects, and you'll be a big part of growing our Denver presence.
- Partner with colleagues across engineering, product, design and operations to develop new financial services products.
- Implement credit underwriting models that integrate the best third-party sources with Square’s proprietary transaction data.
- Build systems that collect and maintain customers’ sensitive data, while holding Square to the highest standards for security and compliance.
- Design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave and move fast, without ever negatively affecting our customers.
- Work full-stack to create products that are beautiful inside and out – from their optimized database transactions to their elegant user experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Strong software development skills and an ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance.
- The desire to work collaboratively, whether in person, over video, or asynchronously through online tools.