Professional Services Associate
- Melbourne, Australia
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Implementation Specialists are responsible for the final stages of the sales funnel, working with merchants to drive the deal through to activation and accelerate the onboarding process. Implementation Specialists leverage deep product and industry knowledge to project-manage the onboarding stage of the sales process. They are additionally instrumental in ensuring the documentation and tracking of feature requests to inform future product roadmaps. This is a customer-facing role that involves a combination of remote and onsite merchant interactions as well as certain data-entry responsibilities.
A successful Implementation Specialists will: (1) provide an incredible onboarding experience for Sellers (2) accelerate the sales cycle by specializing onboarding and training; (3) develop new efficiencies to shorten onboarding sales stage.
- Be the directly responsible individual (DRI) for driving deals through to close for deals ranging from $100k through $5M+ needing onboarding assistance.
- Execute against the onboarding process and training curriculum to hold merchants accountable to a go-live timeline.
- Proactively identify and address potential obstacles during the onboarding process, manage stakeholder communication accordingly, and create strategies for driving success.
- Maintain expertise in Squares platform and ecosystem by keeping abreast of routine product updates and releases.
- Track all merchant interaction in Salesforce.
Your typical day will include:
- Remote merchant work: phone consults, advising on hardware/software/operations, staff training, menu building, account optimization.
- Occasional onsite merchant work, including but not limited to training and hardware install.
- Data Entry: Configuring customer account, optimizing menu setup, and other data entry tasks involved in getting a merchant on-boarded.
- 1+ years experience in a customer-facing role, preferably in Implementation, Support or Sales.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Infectiously positive attitude.
- Excellent time management, written & verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to learn quickly as new products are released.
- Previous Project Management experience a plus.