EMV and Certification Specialist
- San Francisco, CA
This is an opportunity to own and drive EMV certifications at Square for new devices and markets. You will be responsible for different work streams of our level 3 terminal end to end certifications. Work closely with various engineering teams and partners including acquiring banks, card schemes and labs to ensure all certification requirements have been met. This will include the certification of mandated changes required by external partners for existing devices.
- Build certification roadmap for cross-functional team visibility. Establish and drive requirements across Engineering and Product teams.
- Validate certification prerequisites including EMVCO, PCI and TQM.
- Estimate and manage timelines and risks for level 3 certification with card schemes and acquirers. Coordinate testing windows with partners for terminal, host to host and any other required testing and certifications.
- Be responsible for assessing and evaluating quality assurance test requirements to determine the scope of the functionality to be covered by testing based on platform, message specifications, connectivity, market and features.
- Conduct testing and certification and document test results. Analyze test results with engineers using troubleshooting skills to determine possible failure points.
- Publish test results for internal customers and track metrics to maintain established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards.
- Manage all internal and third party test tools and create and maintain test plans including vendor-provided test cases.
- Provide critical technical feedback on product specifications, features, EMV payment structure and general industry standards to Product and Business teams.
- Provide support and training to engineers to help understand payment technologies and troubleshoot possible issues.
- Prior experience with EMV specifications, Payment Scheme specifications and testing procedures.
- Familiarity with the major credit card/debit card networks, card processing and industry standards.
- 3+ years of experience performing hands-on EMV payment testing using various credit card/chip and pin devices.
- Experience in QA/QC software testing including identifying required testing, performing analysis, and developing associated test plans.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and an understanding of how the role of testing fits into this lifecycle.
- Contactless/Contact payments expertise. Experience with MasterCard PayPass, Visa pay, Wave, American Express Expresspay and Discover Zip/D-PAS.
- Design and implementation of flexible, reusable, and maintainable tests.
- Experience working with EMV tools and their vendors Collis, ICC Solutions, Savvi, .etc
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.