Software Engineer, Square Capital
- Atlanta, GA
Square’s rapidly growing financing platform, Square Capital, has revolutionized the way businesses and consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals.
Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Capital offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, and repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Capital has extended more than $2.5 billion to over a hundred thousand sellers.
We’re just getting started. With Square Installments, we’re empowering sellers to offer monthly installment plans, so that their customers can access goods and services they value, but can not or do not want to pay for immediately. On Capital Partnerships, we’re continuing to grow Capital by expanding access to sellers outside the Square platform.
As a software engineer on Square Capital, you will be responsible for designing, building, and owning the services and infrastructure that power our products. You will build beautiful web applications, sophisticated financial systems, and highly available services that form complex distributed systems. If you love delivering beautiful software that improves the lives of millions of consumers and business owners, we want to work with you!
- Work closely with product and design partners, and Square leadership, to design and build new cutting-edge financial services products
- Massively scale our existing lending platform, from the datastores to the distributed coordination mechanisms depending on them.
- Implement sophisticated credit underwriting models that integrate the best third-party sources with Square’s proprietary transaction data.
- Build systems that collect and maintain customers’ sensitive data, while holding Square to the highest standards for security and compliance.
- Design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave and move fast, without ever negatively impacting our customers.
- Interest in working full-stack, from optimizing database transactions to building distributed systems and frontend web applications.
- Passion for building products that are beautiful outside and inside – from their user experience to their robust and elegant design.
- Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals.