Commercial Operations Specialist
- San Francisco, CA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
As our first Commercial Operations Specialist you will be critical to the smooth operation of Square’s commercial team, providing our team of contracts managers and commercial counsel with organizational, technological, and substantive support. You will keep us organized, develop playbooks and processes, generate reports, and lead the day-to-day administration and maintenance of our contracts management system.
- Coordinate daily management and maintenance of contracts management system(s), including integration with other work tools/systems as well as managing and generating reports as requested.
- Test functionality on legal databases and tools prior to implementation.
- Aid in developing training materials and user manuals. Train non-technical internal business users on system functionality and associated legal processes and procedures.
- Coordinate internal contract approval and status inquiries.
- Complete ad hoc contract management requests and special projects.
- Build strong relationships with key Legal and non-legal partners such as Finance, Procurement, IT, and Business Systems.
- Optimize contract processes and procedures to increase quality, accuracy and efficiency regarding the contracts management system, including data entry and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ yrs. experience in the contracts field, contracts administration, or legal operations,
- Experience with commercial agreements and legal terms.
- Proficiency with business applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, gSuite, legal practice management software (such as Apttus), and Salesforce.
- A proven track record of automating repetitive tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Can effectively articulate difficult ideas/concepts.
- Strong organizational, analytical and multi-tasking skills.
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service.
- A sense of humor.