Senior Software Security Engineer, Security Platform
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Square Security Engineering team works to ensure that Square’s infrastructure and platform are built securely. Our ultimate goal is to be a resource for all security teams, helping them design solutions and building those solutions from the ground up.
Square’s Security Engineering team is responsible for some of the company’s most critical and relied upon systems. Our software allows Square engineers to develop quickly and securely, and allows Square to continue innovating without compromising on security. Our purpose is to identify the most important and difficult security needs, and build remarkable solutions that keep Square productive and secure as we continue to scale. We are first and foremost an engineering team, and we move fast. We pride ourselves on being product-focused in our approach to solving security challenges across all of Square.
- Design, implement, and maintain software related to our internal security tooling and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with many teams and functions across Square to make technical, design, strategy and product decisions.
- Grow your career in an engaged and innovative engineering community that ships amazing products.
- Work in the San Francisco or New York City office. Remote work in the USA or Canada is a possibility depending on experience. Occasional travel may be required.
- 5+ years relevant experience building Ruby applications (and Go is a nice to have!).
- A passion for building well-tested and functional software.
- Experience in software architecture and engineering.
- Experience in designing, deploying, and monitoring critical production systems.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.