Data Science and Machine Learning Engineering Lead
- San Francisco, CA
The Bureau organization at Square is a full-stack creative and technology group that brings Square's ecosystem to life across a variety of channels and media. We exist to provide expert creative partnership, powerful and easy to use platforms and tools, and inventive data-driven marketing solutions to our partners and customers.
You will lead the Bureau Automation team, a cross-functional team spanning data science, engineering and analytics. This is a unique role that sits at the intersection of product, marketing and engineering disciplines. You will have a direct impact on Square's growth by optimizing how and where we reach our customers.
- Lead data science and analytics teams to develop algorithms to personalize our marketing and products, while enabling robust decision making across the organization
- Lead engineering teams to develop real-time data infrastructure, personalization applications and customer communications tools
- Work jointly with engineering, product and business leaders across the company to infuse automation throughout our go-to-market strategy and channels
- Use your expertise and industry developments to raise the bar and maintain methodological rigor
- Develop an inclusive, learning-focused environment
- 10+ years of leadership and people management experience in engineering or data roles
- A track record building high-performance teams and growing senior talent
- An ability to translate business objectives and customer needs into a solid technical roadmap
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills while working with technical and non-technical audiences
- The ability to provide hands-on guidance and direction to technical teams and individuals. You aren't afraid to get your hands dirty
- Technical expertise in building personalization, ranking or recommendation systems that scale, with a fundamental understanding of machine learning algorithms and statistics.
- M.S. or higher in quantitative field, or equivalent experience preferred