Copywriter, Creative Studio
- San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for a mid- to senior-level copywriter to join our team in our San Francisco office.
It’s our job to make people excited about Square and help them understand how our products work—You will report to a Lead Copywriter and work on brand, data-driven performance marketing, and growth retention projects alike. You will concept and write everything from product launch campaigns and videos to email campaigns and enterprise marketing collateral.
You will enhance the creative work to meet the mission of the brand while delivering outstanding results. Everything you work on will be designed to build the Square brand, increase growth of Square products, and promote the Square business. You will work on an experienced, award-winning, full-service creative team. We cover a range of disciplines including copy, design, web, video, photography, production, and operations. You will partner closely with our insights, brand, product, and channel teams to create work. Finally, you will have worked in cross-functional organizations and excel in an innovative work environment.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.***
- Write email campaigns, web pages, guides, presentations, sales and events materials, search ads, overview videos, tutorial videos, integrated launch campaigns and whatever else gets thrown your way
- Create concepts that have the legs for larger marketing campaigns
- Help set creative strategy for campaigns
- Use customer and data insights to inspire creative concepts
- Collaborate with an accomplished group of designers, editors, producers, product managers, and marketers
- Collaborate across the Square organization to guarantee a consistent, integrated customer experience
- A Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years experience in a creative role
- Excellent grammar, writing, and editorial skills—you take your English very seriously and sweat the small stuff
- An ability to explain complicated products and processes in simple, human ways to both businesses and consumers
- An ability to work in a growing, fast-paced company and juggle several projects at once
- A positive attitude and a manageable ego with the ability to present and defend your work when you really believe in it
- An interest in working with data to create thoughtful work
- Creative adaptability —you can flex your writing and adjust your language and tone based on your audience
- An ability to build and differentiate brands, and push a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- Understand performance-based marketing strategies
- Interest in technology and the future evolution of content creation and distribution