Head of Corporate FP&A
- San Francisco, CA
Corporate FP&A is a critical function for Square, sitting at the center of the broader finance team to help the CFO, Square’s leadership and Square’s board gain financial visibility and insights on the business. This team runs Square’s financial processes, including our Annual Planning process and quarter forecasts, and helps architect the information flow and methodologies we need for dynamic business partnership. Corp FP&A sets the parameters and forecast processes for the finance team, partners closely with the Investor Relations team to set guidance and help tell the company’s story through numbers, and partners with other key operational teams on the various moving pieces that impact our financial outlook (tax, accounting, treasury, facilities, etc.). This role requires strong communication skills and a great deal of interaction and relationship building with key stakeholders across finance and the leadership team.
- Manage key financial processes, including forecasting, budget planning, performance reporting, and others.
- Architect financial commentaries and documents to support key financial deliverables.
- Develop new processes or streamline existing processes relating to financial planning/reporting.
- Develop metrics to track team-specific and company-wide trends, identify opportunities, clearly communicate recommendations, and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
- Support ad hoc projects and help define systems improvements to support Square’s growth.
- Apply an analytical approach to influence strategic decision making, with a focus on capital allocation decisions and long-term financial planning.
- Provide financial analysis and commentary to key stakeholders including Square’s board, management team and Investor Relations team.
- Partner with leads across Square in the management of key foundational team budgets.
- Manage and continue to grow a high performing team.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 15+ years of relevant finance experience, including experience in finance & strategy in a corporate environment
- Experience leading, developing, and growing a team
- Exceptional judgement and maturity, including an ability to execute independently and work with team members of all levels
- Demonstrated experience leading complex, cross-functional workstreams
- Excellent proficiency in accounting and corporate finance concepts
- Familiarity with financial planning processes and business systems such as Hyperion
- Consistent track record of success and career progression