Senior Software Engineer - Operations, Cash App
- Kitchener, ON, Canada
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
As a member of the Cash Operations Engineering team, you will play a lead role in building out infrastructure to enable scalable, efficient, and secure use by our support, risk, and other internal teams. We are building a platform to be effective for customer operations use, and easy to develop for by other Cash engineering teams.
- Design data models and APIs to work within microservice and event-based architectures
- Own features throughout their life cycle, from inception to supporting production
- Collaborate with your teammates, learn from them and teach them
- Prioritize maintainable and well-tested code
- Work with stakeholders, including other engineering teams and with customer operations teams
- Contribute to shared technologies, including our open source projects
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java and Kotlin, with JUnit, Hibernate, and Guice
- MySQL and Vitess
- TypeScript, React, Redux
- gRPC and Protocol Buffers
- Event driven architecture
- A desire to perform and grow as an engineer or leader
- The ability to thrive in ambiguity and build creative solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated technical initiative on previous projects
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.