Product Designer, Point of Sale
- San Francisco, CA
We are looking for senior-level Product Designer to drive design execution for our flagship product: Square Point of Sale. Point of Sale is the driving force behind Square and we are looking for a design presence to help set the course for a product which has impact throughout Squares entire ecosystem of features and services which empower small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them.
From the beginning, its been part of our core strategy that Product Design play a central role in our product development process: we employ design thinking to build easy-to-use tools that help our merchants better run their businesses. Designers at Square take projects from napkins sketches to final visual specifications, so in this role you'll conduct research, mocking up wireframes on new ideas, and presenting work and progress to Square executives.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the web, iPad, iPhone, and Android
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design for products and services
- Communicate interactions quickly at varying levels of resolution
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism
- Experience mentoring other designers on your team
- Experience conducting customer research ranging from insight protocols to usability tests
- Background developing interaction prototypes
- Experience with motion design and related software