Engineering Manager, Risk
- San Francisco, CA
Our risk engineering team works to protect Square and our customers from fraud and payment disputes. We keep our customers safe while $25B+ flows through Square annually, and we allow the entire company to take risks and grow. To do this, we build systems to detect and respond to potential fraud threats, provide outstanding tools to agents for investigating fraud events, and give our customers seamless web and mobile experiences to manage and fight payment disputes. We take pride in our work and our mission to protect Square, protect our customers, and make a complicated and sometimes painful process understandable to all.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of engineers that are committed to keeping our customers safe from fraud.
- Own the delivery and success of critical fraud and disputes products and prevention
- Collaborate with many teams and departments across Square to make technical, design, strategy and product decisions
- Build an outstanding team by coaching engineers, fostering engineering decision-making, and applying your technical expertise to hold your team to high engineering standards
- Help set strategic direction for the risk engineering team and broader risk organization at Square
- Grow your career in an engaged and creative engineering community that ships amazing products, reporting directly to a Senior Manager on the Risk team
- 2+ years of experience as a people lead, with demonstrated ability to ensure the success of your team members
- A history of healthy collaboration with product managers, operations agents, engineers, data scientists, and engineering managers on developing roadmaps and working towards them
- Interest in working across multiple technical domains, including backend microservices and both internal and external-facing tools