- San Francisco, CA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
As a UX Writer on Square’s Point of Sale/Customers team, you’ll work with product designers to co-create an intuitive experience for business owners, employees, and their customers. Your work will touch every part of the Square product ecosystem. As a result, you’ll be a champion of Square’s voice and work to ensure clarity and consistency across products.
This is as much design work as it is writing—you’ll use a combination of design thinking and carefully crafted language to guide the weekend farmers market seller, the multi-location coffee shop, and bands on the run through the complex processes of doing business.
- Express complicated, technical ideas in clear, concise human language
- Write with an eye toward inclusivity, accessibility, and internationalization
- Use data and research to inform and guide your work
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, engineers, marketers, data science, product managers, and other stakeholders
- Manage multiple projects and establish priorities
- Maintain and evolve the Square style guide
- Write for end-to-end experiences and integrations
- 4+ years professional writing experience
- At least 1 year experience of UX writing
- A UX writing portfolio
- A knack for brevity and articulating big thoughts in small spaces—UI, notifications, errors, etc.
- The flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment and manage several projects at once
- Comfort with giving and receiving constructive feedback, with a mind toward making better products
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with design tools (Figma, Sketch, etc.)
- Experience working with remote teams