Design Technologist, Square Capital
- San Francisco, CA
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
We're looking for a Design Technologist for the team that creates our primary business financing products. As the first technologist on the team, you’ll report to the Head of Design and influence the customer experience across all of our product and marketing touch points, bringing technology to the creative process. The front-end interactions you bring to life will create remarkable experiences for our sellers.
- Build the public web pages that represent all of Capital's products. This will vary from simple landing pages through content-rich, dynamic, and engaging product pages.
- Take creative direction and expand on concept ideas for tactics, with solid and active contribution in creative reviews
- Participate in brainstorms with colleagues across departments including Strategy, Design, Digital Production and Copy
- Develop and maintain scalable email systems that allow for regular A/B testing
- Manage the Capital Design UI system components and add to it over time
- Create animations by partnering closely with designers to bring illustrations to life as well as building creative state transitions and delightful in-product moments
- Prototype both product and marketing ideas with designers and quickly demonstrating what an idea looks and feels like in real life
- Motion design for videos and social posts
- 5+ years experience working in creative or agency environments
- Diverse portfolio of work personally built and shipped, including responsive web examples, high-fidelity animation, motion, iconography, typography, color, and imagery
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- Experience working in fintech, payments, or a related space is a plus