Software Engineer (Frontend), Employee Experience Engineering
- San Francisco, CA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Square believes in the importance of well thought design and it’s built into the core strategy for our external products. This mission of perfection extends to its internal products as well. We believe in the importance of thoughtful design and elegant experiences for our employees just as we do for our customers.
We want a Software Engineer to help build these experiences and brighten the lives of their coworkers. Finding info about your coworkers, viewing the org chart, registering a guest, watching a company event — at Square, these components are part of a powerful employee experience that can leave a lasting impression on the talented people we work with. This new Software Engineer can help make that happen by holding our internal software to the same high standards that we produce externally.
As a Engineer on the Employee Experience Engineering (EXE) team you will...
- Work closely with the EXE team customers to understand design concepts and feature requirements
- Develop new features that help Squares navigate the employee experience and quickly connect with other Squares
- Provide technical leadership and oversight to the team
- Participate in product definition and road map decisions
- Integrate our technology with third-party APIs and other Square systems
- Have the opportunity to explore and build features across the entire technical stack, from the database all the way to the clients
- Be given opportunities to stretch yourself by learning new technologies and take on bigger responsibilities
- 2+ years of experience developing production software
- Full stack development experience
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals and code organization best practices
- A strong sense of customer empathy and desire to influence the product direction
Bonus points if
- You have development experience in Ruby on Rails and React.
- You have past experience integrating with external APIs
- You have built systems that make use of complex job queues and offline processing