Customer Success Advocate
- Dublin, Ireland
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We started with a simple idea—that everyone should be able to accept credit and debit cards—and we’ve been rethinking buying and selling ever since. Square currently operates in 5 markets globally and this role is based in our Dublin office.
The ideal candidate is dedicated to providing world-class customer service, acting as the voice of Square in a new market and region. You have demonstrated experience using your proximity to customers to identify high-leverage improvements to the customer experience.
You are curious and motivated by the challenge of helping to build our small, but strong and growing, operation here in these early days for Square in Dublin.
- Spend the majority of your day interacting with Square sellers by phone, email, Twitter and Facebook
- Connect with sellers to discuss their needs and how Square products can help them start, run and grow their business
- Identify, document, and follow up with engineers on product bugs and features, taking ownership of customers’ issues
- Analyse trends in customer issues and suggest improvements to processes, policies, and products
- Identify and draft improvements to online help content and internal documentation
- Work cross functionally with other teams and functions across regions to improve product, policies and procedures
- A university bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- English fluency, both spoken and written
- Strong organisational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills, with evidence of previous customer service experience and technical ability being highly regarded
- Genuine curiosity about people, technology and business, while possessing the ability to inspire passion in others
- Be a problem solver. You enjoy digging into a problem and finding a solution.
- Ability to customise the support experience to the needs of individual customers
- Coachable mindset, interested in implementing feedback, and dedicated to continuous personal improvement
- Comfort with ambiguity and resilient when facing rapid change
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- A desire to help people and improve the customer experience of our sellers
- A passion for startups and for simplifying the buying and selling experience
- The ability to work weekends as part of a rotating schedule
- The ability to work public holidays as needed
- Working-hours flexibility
- Fluency in one or more additional languages besides English, both written and spoken
- At least two years working in a customer-centric, cross-functional role at a technology company and/or a background in hospitality
- Experience handling sales enquiries over the phone or email, or equivalent experience
- Sound knowledge of social media, including Twitter and Facebook
- Leadership experience, formal or informal
- Excel and/or SQL knowledge
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.