Audio Visual and Collaboration Lead
- San Francisco, CA
As the Audio Visual and Collaboration (AV&C) Lead, you will build and manage the team that partners with stakeholders to identify, integrate, deploy, innovate and support AV and collaboration solutions at Square. Your team will provide an immersive audio, video and collaboration experience, including events supported by internal and/or external resources. You will also be responsible for partnering with the business teams to make sure the requirements are achievable within Square’s infrastructure, and supportable beyond the facility opening.
- Hire and lead a team of AV and collaboration engineers and technicians
- Build and manage operating and project budgets
- Develop performance standards and plans for personnel
- Facilitate the translation of business requirements and creative intent into technical specifications and operational procedures (including assessment of development milestones and risk mitigation)
- Develop testing procedures and performance criteria for all facility AV and interactive systems
- Develop standards, tests and signoff procedures that confirm system performance and design intent from proof of concept through final implementation at single or multiple sites
- Work in close partnership with Office Experience, Real Estate and Facilities teams (where applicable) to guide their technical choices; Implement and commission scope for each project
- Interface with vendors and manufacturers to design systems
- Provide oversight and management of vendors to meet project goals, budgets and timelines
- Ensure all solutions work within the context of Square, on our networks and within the constraints of our security requirements
- Document requirements for internal service providers - network services, IT Support, etc.
- Provide strategic direction incorporating industry trends
- Develop roadmap that includes refresh cycles, retrofit plans, budgets and support model(s)
- 5 years of experience in AV system design and development of high end customer facing facilities and telecommunication systems.
- Experience managing a team of technical personnel
- Experience with various operating systems (Linux/Mac/Windows) and with AV system design, system configuration, and mockup/prototyping of concepts
- Demonstrable experience with Crestron configuration software
- Experience with documentation testing for system performance
- Experience with construction projects including AV, acoustical and lighting specific facility impacts (HVAC coordination, lighting, environmental control, room acoustics, etc.)
- Experience in writing software or design software architecture to be able to automate AV systems and integrate with other facility IT systems
- Experience with broadcast systems; lighting control, audio consoles and routing distribution, video control and switching, etc.
- Audio DSP programming (Q-Sys, BiAmp, etc).
- Knowledge of networking hardware and network protocols
- Proficient with AutoCAD and or other design software