Product Manager, API Platform
- Seattle, WA
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. Therefore, we are building technology that makes commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new hardware can take many new forms of payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Developers and the Square Platform are key to Square's strategy for expansion. Developers are building commerce applications that integrate with Square's products to meet the needs of any business -- large or small. You will oversee giving those developers the best experience possible to make their integrations easier and change the perception and identity of Square. To accomplish this you will work with all of our product organizations to ensure they have the best tools to create consistent and remarkable APIs. You will also need to have an understanding of our target customer -- 3rd party developers building with Square’s APIs, SDKs, and Plugins. If you're looking to affect the growth and direction of a company, this is the role for you!
- Build Square's SDK strategy and implementation
- Build our sandbox and webhooks infrastructure
- Build Square's toolchain and process for building and launching APIs
- Build our API Standards to ensure Square is releasing consistent and effective APIs.
- Work with our executive leadership team as well as leaders across departments (Point of Sale, Capital), and organizations (Product, Marketing, Sales, Support, etc) to grow our active developer base.
- Develop innovative and industry-leading products that uniquely serve Square’s customers
- Inspire your diverse peers in order to build a partnership in delivering excellent products and services
- Influence partners throughout Square in order to align resources and prioritization
- 6+ years as a product manager, software engineer, or developer evangelist
- Strong developer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Navigated product scale challenges in a high-growth environment
- Developed industry-leading products that have gained a followership and product loyalty