Product Manager, Invoices
- San Francisco, CA
We have an incredible team that is on a mission to make commerce easy for all types of businesses. Square Invoices is the easiest way for merchants to build trust, close a sale and get paid remotely. As a Product Manager on the team, you will guide impact for the millions of small businesses using our platform to start and grow their business.
You will establish the product’s strategy, coordinating and executing projects, and optimizing our customers’ journeys through all stages of the funnel (from on-boarding to becoming successful, active sellers). Our approach is both customer-focused and data-driven. So you will need to dig in to deeply understand our customers and their needs, define and analyze experiments, and guide the team to move fast and ship solutions.
You'll collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, marketing, and other diverse team members within the organization to ensure that our product reaches customers and provides a remarkable, delightful experience. Your job may include identifying growth levers for the product, building new experiences, iterating on experiments, and planning or prioritizing projects. You are confident and push boundaries, trying anything and everything that helps guide Square Invoices’ long-term success!
If you're looking to affect the growth and direction of a large business within Square, you will find this role compelling and rewarding.
- Help shape and promote the strategy and business case for Square Invoices
- Define key goals and ensure success is measurable and can be improved upon
- Hypothesize, build, measure and learn. Use insights to inform product direction
- Interview and deeply understand the jobs-to-be-done of our sellers
- Prioritize a roadmap by balancing and championing partner needs
- Work with executive leadership and cross-product teams to grow our active seller base
- Influence key stakeholders at Square to align resources and prioritization
- Manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning, execution and launch
- 5+ years of experience in product management, ideally with a product during a hyper-scaling phase, serving millions of customers, on multiple platforms and countries
- Experience shipping and iterating on successful products with diverse teams
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to drive product initiatives
- Customer empathy to shape product direction and execution based on their needs
- Comfort with analytics to establish and visualize data to run experiments and use quantitative intuition to make product decisions
- Ability to absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a general audience
- Understand acquisition channels (social, paid, affiliate, sponsorships, SEO, word-of-mouth, etc.) and their advantages, trade-offs and idiosyncrasies
Ideal Candidates May Have:
- Excellent executionally at a growth stage company product - experience building their own company or contributing to a startup during a hyper-growth phase
- Growth PM experience at a company with an established Growth practice
- Domain experience with invoices, client management and/or accounting
- Empathy (and experience) running businesses that rely on invoices workflows (e.g. ran a small biz that relied heavily on invoices and recurring payments)