Business Development Representative
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square is looking for high-energy, driven professionals with sound business insight and natural sales instincts to join, and help build, our Sales Development organization. You will lay the foundation of this sales effort through identifying prospective sellers and articulating the value of Square for their business. As a Business Development Representative, you will work strategically with our Sales team to find new merchants that fit the Square ecosystem.
As the first line of contact, you are able to understand the diverse business needs of our merchants. You are quick on your feet and possess grit to overcome objections. You will become an expert in the products and services that enables merchants to thrive with the Square ecosystem. You will use your convincing personality and passion for winning to raise the bar of success, documenting and tracking qualified opportunities to pass onto the Account Executive team. You will use a data-driven approach to outbound sales that incorporates prospecting, email communication, and calling 50 merchants per day.
- Prospect large value merchants that are a good fit for Square
- Utilize cold calling to qualify leads and set up meetings between merchants and members of our Account Executive team
- Build our business through outreach emails and phone calls
- Create a great first impression to our prospects by inspiring them to learn how Square can benefit their business
- Gain sales exposure and experience by partnering with internal Account Executives
- Learn and maintain a firm understanding our sales process
- Thrive in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Attain and consistently exceed your monthly quotas
- A strong desire to grow your career in sales
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ months in a qualifying or prospecting role required
- Intellect, passion, curiosity, hunger, and grit
- Critical thinking and strong decision-making abilities
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A resilient and persuasive personality
- No reservations communicating over the phone
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources