Fraud Detection Specialist
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Square’s Risk and Fraud team is seeking a highly motivated mid-level Fraud Detection Specialist to mitigate transactional fraud within the merchant commerce space. In this role, the ideal candidate would perform detailed analysis of high-risk purchases/transactions, via real-time queues to identify unauthorized transactions across different types of payments (card, ACH, and mobile payments). This position would analyze unrecognizable risk patterns and communicate with our clients in cases where additional information is required. All candidates must be flexible with their schedule; having the ability to work nontraditional shifts (specifically Sundays) as well as some holidays.
- Monitors numerous real-time queues and reviews high-risk transactions from specified points-of-sale requiring demonstrated decision making skills
- Using departmental policies determines if transactions are fraudulent or risky and should be canceled and refunded, or are legitimate and should be processed and fulfilled.
- Maintains or exceeds established service level agreements and guidelines for timely resolution of queued transactions to minimize potential revenue losses;
- Contacts and effectively communicates with customers and internal partners to ensure all SLAs are achieved with little or no supervision.
- Effectively manages incoming communication via multiple channels (phone, email, and Customer Relationship Management systems) from both internal and external customers; resolves all issues within established service-level agreements;
- Conducts analysis of transactional and customer records to link unidentified transactions and accounts to known fraudulent activity
- May Interact with other Risk teams on developing fraud prevention strategy and process
- Strong communication skills, self-motivation and results-oriented approach;
- Demonstrated customer service, organizational, and analytical skills
- Enjoys working in fast-paced and rapidly changing start-up environment.
- Flexibility to adapt and able to manage multiple assignments while working independently;
- Strong internet research, Google Docs, and overall PC skills; SQL experience a plus;
- Requires shift-work, including weekends, non-business hours and holidays
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience: 3+ years customer service experience or risk related role required
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.