Senior Security Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure (GCP)
- San Francisco, CA
Square’s Information Security culture is focused on enabling our engineering teams to build and ship secure products. We achieve this by designing, building, and deploying state of the art security alongside our product and infrastructure teams.
As a Senior Security Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure, you will be responsible for hardening of Square’s cloud computing and cloud network environments. Your work will secure critical data and services.
We’re looking for someone with both a broad knowledge of security and systems, as well as a deep knowledge of how to apply that to GCP. The ideal candidate will have experience across a range of technical disciplines and may have had past jobs such as Information Security (Hardening, Detection/Response, Blue Team, etc) and systems (SRE, SysAdmin, Network Engineer, etc). This is a senior role, and we’re looking for someone who has experience with a wide variety of real-world issues.
- Design and build security for GCP.
- Work closely with the infrastructure and product teams who are using GCP, and ensure that they have secure-by-default systems.
- Work in the San Francisco, Seattle, New York City, or Toronto offices. Remote work in the USA or Canada is a possibility depending on experience. Occasional travel to San Francisco may be required.
- 5-10 years total experience in tech.
- You work well cross-functionally, and can communicate with audiences who may not have a security background.
- GCP experience
- At least 2 years of GCP experience.
- Experience implementing GCP security and hardening, especially in a large or complex environment.
- Deep knowledge of GCP IAM and how to configure least-privilege.
- Knowledge of GCP networking and how to securely interconnect multiple GCP projects, on-prem servers, etc.
- Expertise in automation tools such as Terraform.
- Security experience
- At least 2 years experience working in security (does not need to be on GCP).
- Experience writing code to solve security issues. This could be writing security tools, or automation/management of security-sensitive environments.
- Experience securing Linux systems - hardening, logging/detection, general systems design.
- Networking knowledge, including network security and segmentation.
- Experience in Python and/or Ruby.
- Experience with Kubernetes.