Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Platform, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Position open to remote: No
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
Cash App is a mobile-first bank that ranks in the top 10 free apps in the app store with a rapidly growing user base and feature set. Our mission is to provide banking services to all, in particular those that are underserved. Cash is built as a service mesh, communicating via synchronous APIs as well as asynchronous events, built on AWS and Kubernetes. The Platform team is responsible for the mission-critical fabric that these services run on, and provides service discovery, routing, self-healing, and observability features that product teams use to operate their systems on Cash’s platform.
As a member of Cash Platform’s engineering team, you’ll collaborate with our stakeholders - including product engineers - to:
- Design, build, and own infrastructure projects that provide critical support for operating microservices at scale
- Dig into the many parts of a large platform using a wide variety of analytical tooling, and if necessary, to add some new ones
- Use a data-driven approach to make the call on any new infrastructure that might need to be added, whether it’s off-the-shelf or built in-house
- Knock down pieces of infrastructure and improve on it to demonstrate resilience
- Work with bleeding edge cloud technology
- Boundless curiosity, autonomy, and a strong sense of accountability
- Strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer, and mentor other engineers
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin, Go
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- gRPC, Envoy
- SignalFx, DataDog, Jaeger, Prometheus
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.