Senior Product Designer, Square eCommerce
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
*For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio*
We’re looking for someone who is motivated by complex problems. You’ll be directly responsible for decisions that influence the product and road map. On this team, your work will span from core features to experimental projects. We believe in generalists at Square, and our Product Designers take projects from napkin sketches to final visual specifications. This will be a cross-functional role where you will work with other designers, product editors, analysts and engineers.
- At least (5-7) years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for the success of with little guidance from leadership
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple projects
- You create ideas and present them to your cross-functional team to determine strategy and roadmaps
- You have the ability to question and collaborate with your leadership peers and guide conversations to next steps
- You are seen as a mentor for other designers and provide feedback and find ways to improve their work
- You are able to guide the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations to bring the team along
- You understand visual design, typography, and grid systems
- You know when to bypass minor UX testing and lean on your expertise, but also when to propose plans to fill in the gaps
At Square, our purpose is to empower–within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, expertise, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.